3rd Russian facilitators conference
Third annual Russian facilitators conference will highlight new IAF Russia chapter
By Liudmila Dudorova
The idea to form a Russian chapter of the International Association of Facilitators first originated at the 2011 IAF Conference in Istanbul. The chapter was created during a meeting of Russian members of the IAF held on December 22 in Moscow. Members agreed that the Russian chapter of IAF would be of great use in helping to construct a network for all present and future Russian speaking members of the association.
The Chapter will also collect, store and provide a library of materials in Russian for the use of practicing facilitators in Russia and in all the countries of the former Soviet Union. The Russian chapter will be based in Moscow and will function according to the procedures established by IAF for chapters around the world.
The main activities of IAF Russia will be to:
- enlarge the Russian database of materials about facilitation and different methods and popularize it on the Chapter’s website;
- organize regular meetings to exchange experience, present new methods and work cases of Russian members of the IAF;
- arrange joint events like presentations in business-associations, clubs, communities in order to support growth and education of the market in the field of professional facilitation;
- work on the preparations of the European Conference of Facilitators of 2014 which will be held in Moscow, Russia;
- organize master-classes for the world-known specialists in facilitation.
The main resource for communication and experience exchange for information and methods will be the website iaf-russia.org
Pamela Lupton-Bowers, the European regional representative to the IAF global board, will present the newly formed IAF Russia during the third annual conference of Russian facilitators.
The third annual conference of Russian facilitators, «Facilitation of change processes and strategic sessions. Best practices», will be held in Moscow on April 6, 2012. The conference is organized by the Image Personal Consulting company, and supported by IAF Russia. This year, nine of 12 conference presenters are IAF members!
The topic for this year’s conference is «Facilitation of change processes and strategic sessions». The program includes master-classes and case-studies by leading Russian and international experts in the field of facilitation and methods of group discussion that will demonstrate specific instruments and ways to implement them.
Presenters will include Pamela Lupton-Bowers (Switzerland), Liudmila Dudorova and Alexander Dudorov, Timofei Nestik, Anna Gribanova, Alexey Zorin, Alexandra Kosulina and Mariya Pronina, Alex Brazhnik and others. The Conference finale will be shaped as a project session entitled «Foresight 2020».
You can find more at: